fbpx Skip to main content

Veterans Burial Allowances

Veterans Burials and Allowances
Written by Tony Cappetta

[row] [column md=”4″]
[/column] [column md=”8″]

Often families are unaware of the burial benefits available to veterans at the time of their death.  At West Suburban Funeral Home, we prepare and file all of the necessary documents needed to obtain the reimbursement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We also obtain a flag for each veteran, arrange for military honors at the location of the veteran’s funeral services, obtain a Presidential Memorial Certificate for the family of the veteran and obtain a government medallion for placement on a grave marker in a private cemetery. In addition we can arrange for the burial of a veteran or spouse in Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery, Rock Island National Cemetery or Wood Memorial Cemetery in Milwaukee. Casketed remains can be buried in ground, cremated remains can be buried in ground or above ground in a niche. The only document needed to obtain any of these benefits is a copy of a veteran’s Honorable Discharge/Separation from Active Duty Papers also known as a DD214. If this document is unable to be located we can assist in obtaining a copy from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the death of a veteran and veteran burials.

[/column] [/row]

For more information regarding funeral services or funeral preparation, please visit our website at westsuburbanfh.com, or call us at 630-852-8000.  We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.